Corporate governance is the system of rules, practices and processes by which a company is directed and controlled.
Our clients look for independent board advisers or members to balance the interests of the company's investors (shareholders), its management (internal board) and the regulatory environment.
Focusing mostly on investments funds your role will be to advise or join the boards of one or more investment funds incorporated in different jurisdictions and therefore having regulatory requirements.
The role will involve overseeing the framework for attaining the clients’ objectives, with oversight ranging from internal controls to performance measurement and corporate disclosure.
You may be assigned to multiple clients and/or boards of directors
- Understand the clients’ objectives
- e.g. to outperform the S&P 500 by 10% by use of a systemic long short strategy OR to distribute the clients’ products to a particular market achieving a particular market penetration
- Understand the regulatory framework
- e.g. is the company regulated in the jurisdiction and if so by whom OR are the Company’s products regulated and if so how
- Understand how the objectives are measured
- e.g. relevant to an investment index OR reaching a target sales volume
- Review information available on the competition in the public domain
- e.g.. competitive performance, new entrants to the market
- Keep abreast of sector developments
- e.g.. changes in strategy, changes in the regulatory environment
- Attend board meetings as an when required
- e.g.. by phone or in person as required
- Review all information circulated to the board
- e.g.. agendas for a meeting, minutes of previous meetings and any other material provided